Saturday, January 21, 2012

And it begins....

Monday January 16th, we had our second chemo treatment. It was our first time to the Nemours Clinic at Sacred Heart in Pensacola. It was very trying for all of us. They had to re-access his mediport, while Tommy and I held him down. It was awful hearing him scream and cry, while we held him down for the nurses to do what they needed to do. We had to get blood work done in the am and then come back in the afternoon for chemo. The doctor wanted to see his blood counts before giving Kohlton the chemo. In the afternoon we returned to get the second dose of his chemo, Vinblastine. It went as smooth as it could have for his first visit there. So far the only side effects Kohlton has had, is diarrhea the first two days after chemo, the chills and the sweats.  Tommy and I are very thankful that those are the only side effects he has had.  Kohlton has done great the rest of the week so far.  He has been a little clingy but still his usual self.  He is a happy two year old who loves to watch Mickey Mouse and play outside.  We also picked his helmet up.  Where his tumors are on his skull, the LCH has eaten the skull, therefor he will need a helmet until the bone regrows.  He is so handsome in it! 
Tommy and I are back to work.  Tommy is back full time and I am working two days a week and every other Saturday.  Kohlton and Kason both can not be in daycare because of the risks to Kohlton's immune system.  An in home daycare will have different germs than our house, so the best case is to have someone here watching them.  Our family is lucky to find an amazing lady to watch Kohlton and Kason while we are at work. Her name is Victoria and she is absolutely amazing with our boys. We could not ask for a better person to watch our babies at our house.  We are very blessed she is watching them and only wish it could be for the full year.  She will be moving once she is done with school, so we will need to find someone who can watch our boys here.  So, if anyone knows of anyone please let us know.  There are several things they would have to do/watch for, for Kohlton so it's not just a babysitting job. 
To all of you, our family really appreciates all the prayers and hope you continue to send them our way.  We are definitely feeling the prayers!  I know I am seeing them heal and keep Kohlton strong,  I am feeling them give me strength, I know God is healing our little boy and keeping Kason tough thru this as well.  Kohlton and Kason are both troopers.  I know its difficult for both boys.  Please keep the prayers coming and I will try to update more through this long journey we'll be on. 


A big shout out to everyone who has helped us out by bring us meals, diapers, wipes, formula, and helping us with so much more.  We truely are blessed to have all of you in our lives!!

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys! I'm so glad you guys are comfortable with me watching your precious babies! :) They are so much fun I wish I could stay all year too!!
    xoxo

    -Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers heading your way darling!! Stay strong!! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete