Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hope this is a Nemours clinic free week!

Kohlton did great after his chemo on Monday the 9th.  That week my dad and his girlfriend came to visit.  We had so much fun!  We were hoping we wouldn't have to go back to the clinic till the 30th.  Well, Kohlton decided he wanted to scare us again.  (I'm just joking I'm not blaming him for anything.)  On Monday the 16th, Kohlton got a fever.  The fever was betweeen 101.7 and 103.1.  (I took it three different ways to be 100% sure)  On to Nemours we went.  He had to get blood work to check his counts and some IV antibiotics.  His blood work came back great! His counts were around 3000.  Great!  So, Dr. Schwartz told us to head home and if he got another fever to bring him back the next day for more antibiotics.  So, that night he did get a fever.  It was 102.2.  So the next day I called to get in.  Once we got there we were told more antibiotics and some fluids through the IV.  Kohlton wasn't drinking or eating now.  So, I was all for the fluids.  After seeing Dr. Schwartz we headed to the new infusion center.  (Which I hate!)  There's hardly any toys.  The TVs dont have remotes and for a 5'2" lady, I can't really turn it on or change the channel.  We were there from 1 to 6pm and it was very hard to entertain a 2 1/2 year old in a tiny room with no toys and no TV.  We did get the nice nurse though.  We are very happy about that.  The other nurse I am going to call and ask for her never to be on our case again.  When we first arrived she told me she was waiting for the room with a bed so she could wrap him up and then do everything.  I told her no your not, I hold him and he's fine.  She began to argue with me telling me Kohlton fights majorly so she is going to wrap him up.  I again told her no she was not going to do that and ruin everything Kohlton has gotten used to so far.  She then told me the only room she had available was the one with just a recliner, I said great thats what we sit in.  She was dumb founded.  Once she took us to the room, she then told me I needed to fill all the paperwork out since they moved to another floor.  I asked her if she still had my information she said yes and handed it to me.  I looked at her and said its the same and handed it back.  It was literally the paperwork I filled out at the beginning of all of this, my handwriting and everything.  So, why would I have to fill it out again, she has it right in her hand?  Ridiculous!  Well, we ended up getting Ashley instead after all of that.  Thank goodness!  If the other nurse would have came back to the room, I would have refused to let her touch Kohlton.  She knew nothing about him and insisted she knew everything.  To me that is a horrible nurse!  Kohlton had a great week after all of that.  He hasn't had anymore fevers or had to go back to the clinic.  Yay!  Hopefully this will be a fun week of no visits to the clinic.  Thank you everyone for everything you have done for us or are still doing for us.  Please keep praying Kohlton and all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment