Thursday, April 5, 2012

A bump in the road.....

Wednesday started off a little rough. Kohlton woke up around seven am, he never does that. He felt warm but I kinda felt like I was just being paranoid since the doctors told me to watch out for fever. Well I took his temperature in the ear, it was over 101. Then I took his temp on his forehead an then under his arm, three different ways. All of them were fevers, each time. So, since it's not supposed to go over 100.4 I started to panic. I gave him Tylenol right away to make sure it didn't go any higher. I called the doctors office, no answer so I left a message. I basically told them I was headed to the ER with Kohlton once Mrs Tia got there to take Kason. They ended up calling me o let me know to head to their clinic instead. Once we got to Nemours they sent us to the infusion enter to get blood work and antibiotics. Once they received the counts they would let me know if he would be admitted. Well on monday his counts were 452, well they were 380. So Kohlton got admitted. They did a blood culture on Wednesday when they collected blood for the blood work. Today we found out the cultures show a bacteria growing. Tomorrow we will find out if it was just a contamination, an infection that came thru the port, or an infection in the port itself. They started him on a ten day antibiotic which has to be given through an IV. So, we're thinking we're gonna be here for a bit. We appreciate all the prayers and everything else you all have been doing for us. Please keep praying for our little man. He's a tough cookie! When we find out more tomorrow I will let you all know. Tommy will be here with Kohlton tomorrow. I have to work which so bothers me to leave him but that's what comes with my field I chose. Thank you all again!

1 comment: